Sunday, November 12, 2017
1) Yankee Candle orders are due Monday, November 13. Yankee Candle will charge us a late fee for any orders that come in after this day. Online orders are not affected by this, the online orders will simple stop accepting new orders after Monday.
2) Jazz Band will meet 3:30 to 4:30 on Monday. If you are interested in playing a different style of music, come join us!
3) Students auditioning for All West Orchestra this Saturday will need to find their way to the audition. It is at Briarcrest Christian School outside of Memphis. Make sure your map application is taking you to the high school/middle school. The elementary school is in a completely different place.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:03 PM
Sunday, November 5, 2017
1) The Fruit sale will begin later this week. Also remember that the Yankee Candle forms are due back by November 14.
2) Jazz Band will start next Monday, November 13. This is for anyone who is interested in playing a different kind of music and can meet every Monday after school from 3:30 to 4:30.
3) I want to thank all the students and parents for a great marching season! It was hot, it was cold, there were some long days, and there was a lot of hard work. But boy did we make some memories! I could not ask for a better parent booster group. I could not ask for a better group of kids. From the bottom of my heart - Thank you!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:06 PM
Sunday, October 29, 2017
1) Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30.
2) We will begin the Yankee Candle Fundraiser this week. The profits from this fundraiser will go directly to each student's individual trip account. The orders will be due back by November 14.
3) Report time for the Home Football game this Friday will be 6 pm.
4) Report time for Division II State competition on Saturday is 7:30 in the Band Room.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:17 PM
Friday, October 27, 2017
Due to the rain that will be coming in tonight, unfortunately the Band will not be attending. I am making the decision early so that those who still want to go can plan on rooting the team on. I encourage everyone who can to attend the game. It is an important game in a lot of ways, not the least of which a win gives us a home playoff game!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:07 AM
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Itinerary for Division II State Championship
Stewart’s Creek High School, Smyrna, TN
Saturday, November 4th, 2017
7:30 am Band report to band room. Go to the restroom before we leave!
8:00 am Depart SGCHS. Make sure you have your hat box, gloves, long black socks and shoes.
10:30 am Arrive at Stewart’s Creek High School. Equipment will need to be unloaded. Pit trailers and props will be put together. Snacks will be provided. You may go watch some bands. Use this time also to go ahead and start focusing on your musical and visual aspects of the performance. We must be at our best to make finals!
11:50 am Group stretch, Breathing exercises, and Fundamentals.
12:10 pm Start putting on uniforms and getting instruments.
12:35 pm Line-up and travel to warm-up.
12:45 pm Warm- up. During this time there is to be no talking.
1:15 pm Travel to Stadium. Keep your chin up and shoulders back the entire time. Do not talk. Focus on the upcoming performance.
1:30 pm Perform. Don’t try to do anything special, simply perform what you know.
1:50 pm Arrive back at bus. Change out of uniforms, put instruments in cases. At 4:00, the seniors will meet with the directors at the buses to go to the field.
4:15 pm Recognition of Judges, Announcements of Scholarship participants and Finalists.
4:45 pm Gather at the buses where you will be given the itinerary for the evening performance. Finals performances are based on random draw. We will not know the order until 4:45.
7:00 pm Finals performances start.
10:00 pm Awards and Final placements. We will load the buses as soon as these are over.
11:30 pm Depart Stewart’s Creek High School.
2:00 am Arrive SGCHS. After everything is put up properly, we will be dismissed together.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:12 AM
Sunday, October 22, 2017
1) Report time for Friday will be 5 pm. We will depart at 5:30 pm for Milan. Anyone who is taking the ACT on Saturday is allowed to leave after halftime as long as I have a note saying who you are riding home with.
2) Report time for Saturday is 1 pm at the Practice field, with the exception of those students who are taking the ACT. We will depart for Dyer County at 2:45.
3) As we hit the homestretch of the Marching Season, we need to focus on DETAILS! Be mentally prepared and ready to improve every day these next two weeks as we get away from the same old bad habits and reemphasize the fundamentals of marching and musicianship. Everyone is a starter! Everyone is important! Everyone must step up!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:18 PM