Sunday, August 21, 2016
1) I got a message last night from Mr. Dunn. His original email that included when each group's assigned concessions share night was did not get sent somehow. Apparently we are working tomorrow (Monday) night's JV Football game concessions. I do not like asking for last minute volunteers, because I know your time is valuable and I do not like springing surprises on you. But if you can make it to the football field around 4:45 or after to help with concessions tomorrow night, let me know. I only need 2 or 3 parents and a handful of students. It's really simple. All we have to do is show up, cook the burgers, and sell the food. The game will start at 6 and I think it will be done by 8 or a little after. This will count as one of our concession shares, which actually ends up being a pretty good money-maker for us every year.
2) Design team will meet Tuesday at 6:30. I have the yard sticks, fabric, and vests. I am still working on the trim and thread. I should at least have the thread by Tuesday. If anyone knows how to get hold of some moving racks like what they use at airports or behind the local Dollar General store, let me know. We are trying to get some for the new trailer.
3) Home Game this Friday at 7:30 vs. Obion County. Report time will be 6:45. Wearing the same outfit as last week. The band did a great job Friday night in every facet - before, during, and after halftime! Let's continue to improve every single week.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:50 PM
Monday, August 15, 2016
Away Football Game vs. JCS
Friday, August 19, 2016
5:45 pm – Report to Band Room. Use the restroom before we leave.
6:05 pm – Load up on to your assigned bus. Chaperones will call roll.
6:15 pm – Depart SGCHS.
6:45 pm – Arrive at JCS’s Stadium. Chaperones, leaders and Percussion will get off the bus first to unload the trailes. Get your instrument case and line up. We will march in with cases and unpack when we get to the stands.
7:30 pm - Game Begins. Pay attention to the game, cheer for the team, act in a professional manner. Be ready to play pep songs at any time. NO CELL PHONES!
10:15 pm - Approximate end of game. Line up and march back to buses. Take your instruments to the truck to be loaded and then load the buses.
10:55 pm - After all equipment is loaded and students are on their assigned bus, we will depart.
11:30 pm – Arrive at SGCHS. After instruments and uniforms are put up properly, you will be dismissed as a group.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:28 AM
Sunday, August 14, 2016
1) Our first Away game is this Friday at JCS! An itinerary will be posted on Monday. We will wear T-shirts and Khakis again just like the Jamboree.
2) The Design/Build team will be meeting again on Tuesday at 6:30 pm.
3) Percussion - Drumline Tuneup Day this Saturday! A full itinerary will be posted later this week. Wear your percussion T-shirts and khaki bottoms. We will need a few percussion parents to help drive.
4) The memorization test over Movement II will be this Wednesday during class.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:26 PM
Monday, August 8, 2016
Jamboree vs. Peabody
Friday, August 12, 2016 @ SGCHS
6:15 pm – Report to Band Room. Front Ensemble will hook up trailers, Drumline will take stands to stadium. Make sure you have your flip folders and lyres.
6:30 pm – Warm-up. Run through National Anthem.
6:40 pm – March to the 4 arcs on the Football Field for National Anthem. Take your lyres with you. The Band Room will be locked. Leave your cell phones either in the Band Room or with a parent. Cell phones are not allowed in the stadium when you are with the band! We will march onto the field after the cheer teams have completed their routines.
6:55 pm – Play National Anthem on the field.
7:00 pm – Varsity Game Begins. Be ready to play pep music. Remember during this time that you are still representing the band and the school. Remain professional.
7:45 pm - Approximate halftime. Peabody will perform first. We will perform second. After we perform, we will come back to the band room to put instruments up.
Approx. 8:30 pm – We will dismiss as a group when everything is put up. You may go home or go watch the rest of the jamboree.
We will be wearing Band T-shirts, Khaki bottoms, tennis shoes, no hats.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:59 AM
Sunday, August 7, 2016
1) Jamboree this Friday night. Itinerary will be posted tomorrow (Monday). Wear your Band T-shirts and Khaki bottoms.
2) Afterschool Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday. Also, even though we may not go outside every day, be prepared to do just that. Always have a change of clothes ready!
3) Parents! If you are interested in helping out by either helping sew a group a flags, stitch some clothes for the Front Ensemble uniform, or if you want to help build a couple of props for the field show or build a shelving system for new trailer, we will be meeting this Tuesday night at 6:30 pm in the Band Room.
4) Shirt orders and money are due by this Friday.
5) Memorization test this Wednesday over Movement I.
6) Continue to get those Band fees in if you have not paid them. We need to make some purchases for the field show with that money.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:02 PM
Sunday, July 31, 2016
1) There will be no rehearsal this Tuesday. The first official afterschool rehearsal will be this Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30!
2) Make sure you are prepared every day to go outside during class or after school. I would keep an extra set of clothes and shoes in your cubby along with water. Try to keep as prepared as you were during Band Camp.
3) It looks like we will be taking pictures for the Football Program on Thursday at the beginning of after school rehearsal. Wear your Band T-shirts, tan-colored khaki bottoms (Pants or shorts), and tennis shoes. More details will be given Tuesday. Go ahead and invest in some khaki bottoms to wear at the first few Football games while the temperatures are still hot.
4) Band Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 pm. I will be asking for design/build teams, chaperones and pit crews, and will be making decisions on upcoming fundraisers.
5) Smart cards and money will be due back by this Friday, August 5. If you do not like selling things door to door or are just not good at doing that, I understand. We make $10 off each Smart Card we sell, which means if you bring in $100 for the 10 smart cards you were assigned, that still benefits us.
6) The Family and Friends T-shirt order and money will be due by next Wednesday, August 10.
7) Thank you to those who have been able to pay your band fees. I have been able to pay all of our bills so far. But as we continue into the season, we will need to spend more money on props, lyres, flags, sticks, etc. If you are able to pay your band fees and have not done so yet, please get those in ASAP!
8) Finally, one more! Sponsors for the trailers are due by next Wednesday. I originally said this Wednesday, but am extending it a week so that we can get one last push after the booster meeting this Thursday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:32 PM
Monday, July 25, 2016
1) Thank you!!! To all the students for their great attitudes, intensely hard work, and resolve in one of the hottest Band Camps I have ever been a part of! To the parents for providing lunch for the staff, water for the students, and just overall support for myself and the students! It was a hot camp, but it was a great camp - getting us a great head start into a marching season with great possibilities.
2) Rehearsal this Tuesday from 6-8 pm inside for Percussion and Guard. Rehearsal this Thursday from 6-8 pm for Everyone.
3) Please get your Band fees in if you have not already. We have props, repairs, and many other things that need to get paid for in the next couple of weeks.
4) Keep selling your smart cards also. This gives us a great start to the year and allows us to go ahead and pay for things (such as State Competition charter buses) as soon as possible instead of waiting until the last minute.
5) We will again be selling the Band shirts to students, family and friends. Youth sizes are available. So are the different kinds of shirts. Short sleeve shirts will be $10 a piece, Long Sleeve shirts will be $12, Sweatshirts will be $15, and Hoodies will be $20. I will have sign-up sheet in the Band room. You can also let me know by email what you would like. (email@example.com)
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:06 AM