Sunday, February 7, 2016
1) The Spring Concert is going to be changed to Tuesday, April 19. It was originally scheduled for Thursday, April 21. It will still be in the gym at 7 pm.
2) Keep selling the Butter Braids. Remember that there are cash prizes for the top 5 sellers! They are due back Feb. 18.
3) There will be a final documents meeting for the Disney trip on Tuesday, March 1 at 6 pm in the Cafeteria. There will be a Thomas Tours representative there to answer any final questions you might have. We will have bus signups for the adults and the adults will also be receiving their Chaperone information folders.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:13 PM
Sunday, January 31, 2016
1) Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30 in the Band Room.
2) We will be taking pictures tomorrow (Monday) for the yearbook during 4th Block for the Concert Band section. Please dress decent (wear something nice under your Jersey). Jazz Band pictures will also be taken after school. Jazz Band will wear all black for the picture.
3) Disney Guard practice this Tuesday and Thursday after school until 5 pm.
4) We will be working the concessions for the Basketball game this Friday night. I need 2 or 3 parents and 3 or 4 students to work. You will need to get there at 5:30. I will also need someone to go pick up the burgers at McDonald's at 5:00.
5) Butter Braid pastry sales begin this Tuesday. Profits for Disney participants will go toward their trip accounts, and to keep everyone else motivated there will be cash prizes for the top sellers. We need this money to help pay for our new trailer.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:54 PM
Sunday, January 24, 2016
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal Monday from 3:30 to 4:30.
2) Guard Rehearsal for Disney Trip on Monday and Tuesday until 5:00.
3) Leadership Team - please plan on attending the Tuesday night rehearsal for the upcoming freshmen. 6:30 to 8 pm in the Band Room. Bring your instruments.
4) The Miss Harmony Beauty Pageant will be March 19. At last month's meeting, we had decided on March 12, but it was later learned that the Spring Musical is that weekend. The Jazz Band will perform in between the age groups. I will have a flyer posted later this week.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:27 PM
Sunday, January 17, 2016
1) Congratulations to all the students who went the extra mile, took the challenge, and tried out for All West Honor Band! We had 9 make it, 7 others chosen as alternates, and 1 chosen for All State Honor Band! I am so proud of every student who showed up to audition at this event!
2) Color Guard Disney Trip rehearsals start this Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00.
3) Jazz Band will meet this Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
4) Mark these date for Band Camp 2016!: July 11-12 – Freshmen and Leadership 8-11 am, Perc/Guard 1-4 pm, July 13-15 – All Wind players 8-11 am, Perc/Guard 1-4 pm, July 18-22 – Everyone 7am-4 pm with lunch at 11:45- 1.
5) Students attending UT Martin Honor Band this weekend - Bring your luggage with you on Thursday. We will be leaving the school at 9:35 am and will eat lunch on the way. Make sure you pack nice clothes to wear for the concert.
6) Next Tuesday, January 26 will be a special 8th grade rehearsal with the Leadership Team from 6:30 to 8 pm in the Band Room. There will be a rehearsal in February for the whole band to welcome the 8th graders.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:14 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2016
1) Jazz Band on Monday from 3:30 to 4:40.
2) Booster Meeting on Tuesday. Also, it was brought to my attention that the Middle School Band Booster meeting is that night at 7 pm. Let's push our meeting back to 6 pm, and we will make it short. There are a few things we need to get pinned down before February.
3) We will continue finalizing our ensembles and music this week. I hope to have every ensemble ready to go by Thursday so that we can start practicing in our groups.
4) All-West auditioners: The auditions are this Saturday at Northside High School in Jackson. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your audition. Go to the sign in table only when you are ready to audition. You can't sign in and then go warm up. Good luck!
5) UTM Honor Band participants: Make sure you get your registration fees in this week.
6) Everyone check your calendars for me. I am looking at the possibility of moving the Spring Concert from April 21 to a new date of April 19. Have the students let me know this week if this is doable.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:44 PM
Monday, January 4, 2016
I learned this morning from Mr. Pruett that there will be a called meeting of the School Board this Thursday at GCHS to let the public ask questions and/or voice concerns about an upcoming vote the following Thursday to pursue building a new Medina Elementary School.
We will changing the Booster meeting to next Tuesday at 6:30 to give everyone the best opportunity to attend this called Board meeting.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:28 PM
Sunday, January 3, 2016
1) Booster meeting this Thursday at 6:30. We will be talking about upcoming fundraisers, updates on the Disney trip, and important dates for the upcoming semester.
2) Students need to bring their instruments Tuesday. Be prepared to play as we begin chair placements and concert preparations.
3) Color Guard members who are going to be going on the Disney trip need to keep an eye for announcements the next few weeks about uniform fittings, rehearsals, and routines.
4) Since teachers have to be at school on Monday, that means the Band Room will be open for students to practice All West music or any other music. However, chair placement music will not be passed out until Tuesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 11:22 AM