Sunday, June 19, 2016
1) Rehearsal this Wednesday!
2) Please let me know if you can house 1 of the 2 band camp staff that need a place to stay the full week of band camp. They live more than an hour away and it would really help them out to have somewhere to stay that week. They would be at the school from 7 am to around 5 pm every day, and only need a place to stay at night.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:48 PM
Sunday, June 12, 2016
1) The second summer rehearsal will be this Wednesday, June 15. We saw last week just how challenging the music is, so keep practicing. It is going to sound awesome with a 114 piece band playing it!
2) I have two Band Camp staff members that need a place to stay during the full week of Band Camp (July 18-22). They are college students coming in from way out of town and don’t need to drive back and forth every day during that week. Please let me know if you are willing/able to house one of them during that week.
3) We talked at the Booster meeting last week about possibly hosting the 2016 WTSBOA Marching Festival this year. However, it was decided over the weekend during the WTSBOA Executive Board meeting to keep it at Liberty since Mrs. Henning is going to be staying at the school in a semi-administrative position. This will give continuity to the event instead of it changing places so often in a such a short time.
4) It’s never too early to look for water on sale for this coming Marching Season. Some parents mentioned at the meeting that they have seen some good deals such as the Rural King in Martin.
5) It’s also never too early to look for sponsors for the new trailer we just bought. Later this week I will be posting the Sponsor form.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:57 PM
Sunday, June 5, 2016
1) We will have our first summer rehearsal this Wednesday. Woodwinds and brass only from 8 am to 11 am. Percussion and Guard only from 1 pm to 4 pm.
2) We will have a band parent meeting this Thursday at 6:30 pm in the Band Room to begin preparing for the fall. Freshman parents are invited!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:06 PM
Sunday, May 22, 2016
1) Leadership team will meet this Thursday at 10 am in the Band room to prepare for the summer.
2) The first summer rehearsal is June 8.
3) There will be a booster meeting on June 9 at 6:30 pm in the Band room. It's never too early to start planning for the Hornet Invitational. There will also be a couple of other things on the agenda as we plan for the fall.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:18 PM
Sunday, May 15, 2016
1) Percussion who signed up for the Relay for Life event on Friday: We will meet at the school at 5:15 to get the drums, and then walk down to the park for the event. We will be done by 6:30.
2) Band and Guard members who signed up for the NHC Center parade: We will meet at the NHC at 9:15. Wear your Band T-shirt with khaki bottoms, tennis shoes, no hats. We will be done between 11 and 11:30. We will pack instruments in the trailer on Friday. I need a parent to pull the band trailer to NHC that morning.
3) Please pay your initial $50 band fee payment this week. We need to start getting things done at the beginning of the summer, such as writing the drill, getting the percussion music written, and getting the guard work done. This will help pay for those things.
4) Thank you students and parents for another fantastic year! I am proud of all the things we accomplished this year! We did so much, had so many performances, and you rocked at every single one of them.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:13 PM
Sunday, May 8, 2016
1) Field Commander clinic is Monday after school. The auditions will be on Tuesday after school.
2) The Baccalaureate service for seniors will be held Tuesday at 7 pm at Chapel Hill Baptist Church. the volunteers who signed up for this will meet there at the church at 6:15.
3) We will need someone to drive the band trailer to Chapel Hill on Tuesday if there is someone available.
4) For all current 8th grade parents: There will be an upcoming Freshman Parent orientation meeting Tuesday at 6:30 in the High School Band Room. Mr. Price will be there to go over the summer and fall schedule and to answer any questions you might have.
5) Graduation on Thursday at 7 pm. This is a required performance. Report to the school at 6:15. If it rains, it will be moved to the gym.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:16 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2016
1) Guard Rehearsal this Tuesday and Thursday.
2) No Jazz Band Rehearsal. I need to collect all Jazz Band books this week.
3) Booster meeting this Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the Band Room.
4) Strawberry Festival this Friday! Full itinerary will be posted tomorrow. Just know that we will be at the very beginning of the parade by ourselves, and then at the end of the parade with the Mass Band.
5) Band Banquet this Saturday at 6 pm. Seniors, start working on your wills. Juniors, we will start working on the Senior prophecies this week.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 2:05 PM