Sunday, May 21, 2017
1) As we close out the year, I want to take the chance to tell everyone one more time how proud I am and how great you are! The Band students, parents, and boosters of South Gibson County are the best around in my humble opinion. And the scary thing is I know that we just keep getting better every year as we continue to create a tradition of excellence!
2) Students will need to turn in their warm-up books this week and clean out their cubbies. We will be reorganizing the instrument storage room during the summer so make sure everything is out of there.
3) Continue to look out for announcements throughout the summer to help keep you updated on what is coming up next during your well-deserved summer break.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:56 PM
Friday, May 19, 2017
I encourage all band students to try to make it to the optional parade at the NHC Center in Milan tomorrow (Saturday). This is a small parade put on for the patients there at NHC who can't get out and attend the local parades in the spring. Some floats and other groups that were at the other parades will be there.
We will meet at the Ceco Door Products parking lot at 9 am. You will have to find your own way there. The parade will start at 9:30. Wear your black band t-shirts and khaki bottoms.
Parents are invited to walk along with us and watch as we parade around the NHC Center for a good cause!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:33 AM
Sunday, May 14, 2017
1) For the students who signed up for the Baccalaureate service, we will meet at Chapel Hill Baptist Church at 6:30 on Tuesday. The service will begin at 7.
2) Graduation is this Thursday at 7 pm. We will meet on the football field at 6:30 pm. If it is raining, it will be in the Gym. This is a mandatory performance for all 9-11 grade Band students.
3) Remember to bring back your uniforms this week after they have been washed.
4) Thank you to everyone for a great day at the Strawberry Festival on Friday. Thank you to the seniors for being there even though you had already finished your High School career! Thank you to everyone for showing up and representing SGC even with all of the uncertainty of the weather! Thank you to the parents for cheering us on as you were stretched from one end to the other on the parade route!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:15 AM
Monday, May 8, 2017
Strawberry Festival Parade
Friday, May 12, 2017
8:15 am Report to SGCHS Band Room. Load equipment. Put on uniform pants, long black socks, and shoes (make sure your shoes have your name on them). Wear shorts and T-shirt underneath. Put uniform jacket and gauntlets on a hanger to put on bus with your hatbox.
8:30 am Depart South Gibson County High School.
9:00 am Arrive at Bailey Park. Get everything you need off the bus and equipment trailer! They will be driving the end of the parade route as soon as we unload. We will set up at our assigned warm up area.
9:30 am Warm-up.
10:00 am Parade begins. Be sure to represent the band and SGCHS with professionalism.
After we are done with the parade, I will need to go to the director’s meeting. After you change out of your uniform, you may go back to the parade route to visit vendors and see the end of the parade. If you are riding home please take your uniform with you and wash it. Bring it back on Monday.
Approx 1:30 pm Report back to bus and depart Humboldt.
2:00 pm Arrive back at SGCHS, unload instruments and uniforms.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 9:27 AM
Sunday, May 7, 2017
1) Congratulations to the Band on looking and sounding great at the Teapot Parade! Go Guard - 1st place!!! A special thanks to Mrs. Ison for taking care of things while I was double-booked with a WTSBOA meeting!
2) Guard will practice this Tuesday only. No practice on Thursday.
3) Strawberry Festival this Friday. A full itinerary will be posted on Monday. Wear your black T-shirts again.
4) If you are not riding this bus this Friday, you will need to fill out another Ride Home form by Thursday.
5) Band Banquet this Saturday at 6 pm in the Cafeteria. Please sign up and pay the amount you owe by Wednesday.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 4:29 PM
Monday, May 1, 2017
Trenton Teapot Festival Parade
Saturday, May 6, 2017
8:15 am Arrive at SGCHS Band Room. Load equipment on bus. Put on uniform pants, long black socks, and shoes. Wear shorts and T-shirt underneath. Put uniform jacket, hat, and gauntlets on bus. *If you are going to meet us in Trenton, make sure you take your uniform and instrument home with you on Friday.
8:30 am Depart South Gibson County High School.
9:00 am Arrive at Trenton. We will need to exit the buses quickly so the buses can move to the end of the parade route. Unload instruments quickly and put jackets, hats, and gauntlets on as you go to warm-up circle.
9:30 am Warm-up
9:50 am Line-up in parade form and wait to join the parade route.
Approx. 12:00 End of parade. Students will put instruments back in cases, put full uniform on the hangers, and then load the instruments on the trailer. I will need to attend the Director’s meeting after the parade. You may get watch the end of the parade, just make sure you are back by 12:45.
12:45 pm Depart Trenton and head back to SGCHS.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:31 AM
Sunday, April 30, 2017
1) Guard rehearsal on Tuesday.
2) Full Band Rehearsal on Thursday 3:30 to 5 pm.
3) Teapot Parade on Saturday. If you want to meet the band there instead of riding the bus, let me know ASAP. I will have a document for you to sign and return to me. A full itinerary will be available on Monday.
4) There is a sign-up sheet for the Band Banquet in the Band Room. If you are coming, please sign your name and then list a number of guests you are bringing.
5) For the Band Banquet slide show, we need your pictures! Send your memories from this past year to email@example.com.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 12:26 PM