Sunday, May 22, 2016
1) Leadership team will meet this Thursday at 10 am in the Band room to prepare for the summer.
2) The first summer rehearsal is June 8.
3) There will be a booster meeting on June 9 at 6:30 pm in the Band room. It's never too early to start planning for the Hornet Invitational. There will also be a couple of other things on the agenda as we plan for the fall.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:18 PM
Sunday, May 15, 2016
1) Percussion who signed up for the Relay for Life event on Friday: We will meet at the school at 5:15 to get the drums, and then walk down to the park for the event. We will be done by 6:30.
2) Band and Guard members who signed up for the NHC Center parade: We will meet at the NHC at 9:15. Wear your Band T-shirt with khaki bottoms, tennis shoes, no hats. We will be done between 11 and 11:30. We will pack instruments in the trailer on Friday. I need a parent to pull the band trailer to NHC that morning.
3) Please pay your initial $50 band fee payment this week. We need to start getting things done at the beginning of the summer, such as writing the drill, getting the percussion music written, and getting the guard work done. This will help pay for those things.
4) Thank you students and parents for another fantastic year! I am proud of all the things we accomplished this year! We did so much, had so many performances, and you rocked at every single one of them.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 8:13 PM
Sunday, May 8, 2016
1) Field Commander clinic is Monday after school. The auditions will be on Tuesday after school.
2) The Baccalaureate service for seniors will be held Tuesday at 7 pm at Chapel Hill Baptist Church. the volunteers who signed up for this will meet there at the church at 6:15.
3) We will need someone to drive the band trailer to Chapel Hill on Tuesday if there is someone available.
4) For all current 8th grade parents: There will be an upcoming Freshman Parent orientation meeting Tuesday at 6:30 in the High School Band Room. Mr. Price will be there to go over the summer and fall schedule and to answer any questions you might have.
5) Graduation on Thursday at 7 pm. This is a required performance. Report to the school at 6:15. If it rains, it will be moved to the gym.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 7:16 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2016
1) Guard Rehearsal this Tuesday and Thursday.
2) No Jazz Band Rehearsal. I need to collect all Jazz Band books this week.
3) Booster meeting this Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the Band Room.
4) Strawberry Festival this Friday! Full itinerary will be posted tomorrow. Just know that we will be at the very beginning of the parade by ourselves, and then at the end of the parade with the Mass Band.
5) Band Banquet this Saturday at 6 pm. Seniors, start working on your wills. Juniors, we will start working on the Senior prophecies this week.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 2:05 PM
Monday, April 25, 2016
Trenton Teapot Festival Parade and Mass Band Rehearsal, Saturday, April 30, 2016
* For the Mass Band Rehearsal in the afternoon, wear your Rube Goldberg T-shirts. If you do not have one of those shirts, please wear a shirt that is close to that brownish-gray color.
8:00 am Arrive at SGCHS Band Room. Load equipment on bus. Put on uniform pants, long black socks, and shoes. Wear shorts and T-shirt underneath. Put uniform jacket, hat, and gauntlets on bus. *If you have a driver’s license and want to just meet us in Trenton at our usual warm-up spot, that is fine. You cannot drive anyone else there, with the exception of siblings. Make sure you take your uniform and instrument home with you on Friday.
8:20 am Depart South Gibson County High School.
8:50 am Arrive at Trenton. We will need to exit the buses quickly so the buses can move to the end of the parade route. Unload instruments quickly and put jackets, hats, and gauntlets on as you go to warm-up circle.
9:10 am Warm-up
9:40 am Line-up in parade form and wait to join the parade route.
Approx. 12:00 End of parade. Students will put instruments back in cases, put full uniform on the hangers, and then load the instruments on the trailer. I will need to attend the Director’s meeting after the parade. You may get watch the end of the parade, just make sure you are back by 12:45.
12:45 pm Depart Trenton and head to Humboldt to practice with the Mass Band. Lunch will be provided.
1:00 - 2:30 begin serving food (hot dogs, chips and water).
2:30 - 3:30 sectionals
3:30 - 3:45 move to block
3:45 - 4:30 set block
4:30 - 5:30 work block on 22nd
5:30 - 6:15 snack
6:15 - 7:30 reset block and march down Main Street to Central
7:30 pm Load trailer and buses.
8:00 pm Depart Humboldt.
8:20 pm Arrive at SGC. After everything is put up correctly, you will be dismissed.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:49 AM
Sunday, April 24, 2016
1) Jazz Band Concert on Tuesday at 7 pm in the concrete area in the middle of the school. In case of rain, it will be in the Cafetorium. Jazz Band - wear all black and be there by 6:30. Also, there will be Jazz Rehearsal Monday at the usual time.
2) If you are planning on attending the Band Banquet on Saturday May 7 at 6 pm, please let me know or have your child sign up by this Wednesday. We need a head count for the food. Also, if you have any pictures you want to share for the slideshow, please send them to Rachel Edwards by Wednesday, May 4 at email@example.com
3) Guard Rehearsal on Tuesday.
4) Afterschool rehearsal for everyone, including Guard, on Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm.
5) Teapot Parade on Saturday morning with the Mass Band rehearsal that afternoon. Full Itinerary will be posted Monday morning. Students who have a driver's license may drive themselves and nobody else.
6) Donations for the Paschall family will be taken up by Samuel Walgren until this Friday. Remember to make the checks out to Vickie Paschall.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:18 PM
Sunday, April 17, 2016
1) Jazz Band Rehearsal Monday until 4:30. Jazz Concert next week!
2) Color Guard Rehearsal Tuesday and Thursday until 5:30. The new uniforms look awesome!
3) Spring Concert Tuesday night at 7 pm in the gym. Report time for students is 6:30. Concert attire. Free Admission!
4) It's that time of year again! What we have been working toward this semester. Prepare for 5 performances in 5 weeks - Spring Concert, Jazz Concert, Teapot Parade, Strawberry Festival, and Graduation. Buckle your seatbelts and hold on!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:18 PM