Sunday, March 29, 2015
1) The previous announcement said that the Booster meeting on April 7 was to begin at 6 pm. It should be 6:30. Our normal meeting time for booster meetings is 6:30 pm.
2) Everyone have a great and safe Spring Break. You all deserve it after the wonderful job you did at Concert Festival. What a great way to end the first half of the semester!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:46 PM
Monday, March 23, 2015
Itinerary for Concert Festival
Friday, March 27, 2015
9:30 am Report to the Band Room after 1st block. Load your instruments on the Band Trailer. Then get on the bus. This will be a tight squeeze – most will be 3 to a seat. Make sure you are dressed in Concert attire, AND have your music folder! Concert attire consists of button up shirt, khakis, and dress shoes. Ladies if you wear a dress, make sure that it is conservative dress, with no low-cut tops or short skirts. NO TENNIS SHOES!
10:00 am Depart SGCHS.
10:30 am Arrive at Sparky’s. You will need to bring $7 for the buffet.
11:45 am Depart Sparky’s.
12:00 noon Arrive at Liberty HS. Get your instruments off the trailer, put the cases back in the trailer. Stretch and do some breathing exercises while we wait to go to warm-up.
12:40 pm Line up to go to the warm-up room.
12:50 pm Warm-up. Percussion, prepare to go to the stage first to set up when we get permission.
1:15 pm Move to stage. Stay in your rows and move to the stage in an organized manner.
1:20 pm Perform for judges. El Capitan first and then Emperata Overture. Parents are welcome to sit in the audience and watch.
1:40 pm Move to Sight-reading room.
2:05 pm Load bus and depart for home.
2:45 pm Arrive SGCHS, unload trailer. Put all instruments in their proper place.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 3:34 PM
Sunday, March 22, 2015
1) Drumline Auditions and Workshop this week from 3:30 to 5:30 Monday through Thursday. The Audition will be Thursday
2) Concert Festival this Friday at Liberty High School. We perform at 1:20 pm on stage. We will be back by the end of the school day. Parents are welcome to sit in the auditorium and watch. There is no admission price. However, you will not be able to watch us sight read - it is in the Liberty Band Room and there simply is not enough room. I will have a full itinerary tomorrow.
3) We will not have Jazz Band rehearsal this week due to the Drumline Auditions.
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 1:37 PM
Monday, March 16, 2015
Sunday, March 15, 2015
1) A huge "Thank you!" to the people who worked at the Miss Harmony Pageant this weekend. It went off without a hitch, and everyone worked together great! Jazz Band - you guys are Awesome! Thank you for putting in extra time to perform for members of the community who would never hear us otherwise. You were great ambassadors of the Band and of SGC.
2) Jazz Band Rehearsal this Tuesday. We will be looking at some new music as we now work toward our April 16 concert.
3) Guard afterschool rehearsals begin this week for the Parades. It will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30 from now until the Strawberry Festival.
4) Afterschool rehearsal for the Band this Thursday from 3:30 to 5 pm to get ready for the Concert Festival. I plan on having a guest to come in and critique us.
5) Solo and Ensemble this Saturday at 9:20 am at Northside HS. You will need to find your own way there. Remember to dress nice. I will give you a little time during class to work on this music, but most of this needs to be done in your own time.
6) If you don't know already - Make plans to attend the Band Booster meeting at 6 pm on Tuesday April 7. This is the 2015 kickoff meeting where Fall Calendars will be given out, information sheets will be renewed, and the 2015 show will be revealed!
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 6:23 PM
Sunday, March 8, 2015
1) Booster meeting tomorrow (Monday) night at 6 pm. We will try to be done by the time the play starts at 7.
2) The Color Guard workshop is Monday through Thursday of this week with the auditions for the 2015 Fall Color Guard on Thursday. Please bring the $20 fee to pay for the instructor - Destiny. Be sure to invite anyone from 8th grade to 11th grade that is interested in trying out for the Guard!
3) Remember that Drumline workshop and auditions have been pushed to March 23-26.
4) Jazz Band rehearsal Tuesday. Remember that we are performing at the Miss Harmony pageant on Thursday. Report time will be 9:30 am and dismissal time will be 3:30 pm. You will be fed lunch at the school. All Black attire.
5) Miss Harmony pageant this Saturday in the Cafeteria from 10 am to 4:30 pm. I will have sign-ups on Monday for student volunteers. We mainly need female volunteers to work the logistics backstage getting the contestants to the right place and so forth. We could use a few male volunteers in the front to take care of the judges, doing concessions, and other jobs in the Cafeteria. Jazz Band members cannot volunteer since they are performing.
For those who are not in Jazz Band and not volunteering, I need you to bring a 12-pack of 12-oz cans as follows:
Percussion, Alto and Tenor Sax - Pepsi
Trumpet, French Horns - Diet Pepsi
Trombone, Tuba, Baritone - Sierra Mist
Flute, Clarinet - Mountain Dew
Posted by SGCHS Hornet Band at 5:04 PM